Roadworthy Certificates

Roadworthy Certificates

Does Your Vehicle Comply With State Regulations?



In Victoria, a Certificate of Roadworthiness is generally required when a vehicle is sold or if a used vehicle is to be re-registered. This helps minimise the number of poorly maintained vehicles on the road.


Who issues Certificates?

A Certificate can only be issued by a licensed vehicle tester. Your Car is such a licensed vehicle tester.


How much does the Test cost?

Cost is not fixed but may depend on age, type and condition of the vehicle. Ask us for a quote.


When can a Certificate be issued?

The vehicle must pass a Roadworthy inspection first, and only then can a Certificate is issued.


What is inspected?

Inspection ensures that key components have not worn or deteriorated and that the vehicle is safe for normal road use.

Talk to us if you need more information about the details.


What if the vehicle fails the test?

The tester will issue a rejection report. You then have 7 days to repair items and return for a second inspection.

If 7 days lapse, a new complete inspection must again be carried out.


What Roadworthiness is NOT

Roadworthiness is not a check of the mechanical reliability or general condition of the vehicle.

Ask Your Car to test further and provide you with a more comprehensive report.