Code of Ethics
Your Car is a professional organisation and will:
- Recommend corrective and maintenance services and explain to the customer which of these is required now to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- Offer customers a price estimate for work to be performed.
- Obtain prior authorisation in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer for all work done.
- Make every effort to keep the customer informed about appointments and completion deadlines.
- Furnish an itemized invoice for parts and services, priced fairly, which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- Furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or service.
- Use quality auto parts and genuine manufacture parts upon request.
- Exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while it is being serviced.
- Make every effort to fix the customer's vehicle right the "first time".
- Maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's complaints.
- Cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
- Uphold the high standards of the profession and seek to identfy and communicatel non conforming service practices to the automotive industry.
- Be a socially responsible business that aims to deliver services to customers that enrich the community, partners and the environment.